- BGP-4 or successor is used for peering and peers must set NEXT_HOP_SELF if advertising routes from other INX participants.
- Broadcast traffic may not delivered to the exchange, except as needed for normal operation and troubleshootingdebugging.
- We operate a Unicast unicast fabric; multicast except for regular IPv6 operations is not permitted.
- Participants should ensure that only a single MAC address is visible via their ports, unless they are a reseller, and have made prior arrangements with the Ops team
- Participants may not point default or otherwise use another participant's resources without permission.
- Peering is bilateral with the exception of the route serverBGP Route Servers service. Peers are encouraged to setup their own bilateral sessions where appropriate.
- Participants may not sniff traffic between other participants.
- No participant may have access to the SNMP community string strings for the INX switches unless cleared to do so by the INX management committee.